Monday, 3 November 2014

Coastal Blue and White Home by Bliss Home and Design


1
I love discovering pretty coastal cottages and when I came across this seaside home I was excited to find it was connected with a lovely on-line store and design company that represent the products used to style this charming home.


Bliss Home and Design are an on-line store with two brick and mortar shops, they also offer an interior design service. The rooms below have been styled with their furniture and accessories and I think they have done a wonderful job creating a coastal atmosphere. Soft shades of barely there blue to more vibrant blues along with a backdrop of neutral whites evoke a relaxed, 'every day's a holiday' type feeling. Blue and white is such a clean timeless combination of colours. If you are a regular follower you will know I have plenty of blue and white in my own living room ( image below). I am also currently re-decorating my bedroom in soft tones of blue and white.


Bliss Home and Design also have a Get The Look' page on their website which is really handy as you can scroll through the room images and if you like a particular style, you can click, then scroll down to find links to the furnishing and products used in the room. I have not shown all the images, there are two more bedrooms so if you want to see the rest of the project, hop over to Bliss Home and Design's, Houzz profile.

I had a pleasing response to last Friday's post on my master bedroom project. I really value your comments and suggestions and have decided instead of letting my readers wait for the room reveal, I will get you involved in some of my decision making and give you a sneak peek at the headboard and my new bedlinen. I don't think the final reveal will be spoilt by this decision as I will not be showing the complete room until reveal day.

Above: Some of my blue and white




Sharing this post with some of the following blogs:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lee, this is a lovely house, so peaceful. I was on pinterest yesterday and searched under Hampton style with blue and that came up with lots of blue and white rooms - might be worth looking for your bedroom. i love the bedroom in this house with hits mercury glass lamps - and love the peak of your blue and white !!! can't wait for more.

    Finally getting my bed head this week but gotta get it shipped over from Henderson to Silverdale!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, yes lots of inspiration on Pinterest, I have a Hamptons board on my Pinterest, you can check out, also a blue and white board and lots of different bedroom themes. I sorted out my pillows/cushion for the bed today, I am introducing a pop of lemon not pink but the fabric I have chosen is gorgeous. The bedroom is going to be extremely feminine...which makes a change as it was a rather boring beige before. I will be doing an update post with snippets of the headboard etc next week.

      What sort of headboard have you got? I actually bought mine on Trade me in the end from a lovely man who makes them. He was obliging and made it the height I required, it basically looks very similar to the one on my bedroom design board.

      Thanks again for commenting, I really appreciate people taking time to comment :).

      Delete
  2. Lee, This is my favorite color combination and I am so glad to see more blue and white in design. I am in love with every room here.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, it really is a lovely home, I agree. I have recently 're' introduced blue and white to my home and in the process of doing up my bedroom in soft powder blue a whisper of grey and white. I shared my design board the other day and will be sharing an update next week.

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.