Wednesday, 2 December 2015

My Beach House - Follow the Journey, Kitchen Plans and Sneak Peek

Above: Part of the kitchen propped up at the joiners

Last week I wrote a post on the progress of my beach house, the build is progressing fast and I am very excited. This week I wanted to share the kitchen plans and a sneak peek of my kitchen cabinets plus a few other kitchen projects by Paradise Building Developments.


I mentioned in my previous post that my kitchen had been designed by Sarah who owns The Gourmet Kitchen Company, Sarah is also a partner in Paradise Building and established The Gourmet Kitchen Company to be able to provide high quality, solid wood kitchens for their clients. Sarah has designed all the kitchens for the house and land packages they have at Papamoa beach in the same style as their previous Pebble Beach subdivision, and as you can see from the show home image below, they are stunning.

Above: The kitchen from the Pebble Beach show home

When I saw the show home kitchen at Pebble beach it was very similar to the style I had envisaged should I build from scratch, in fact, I was even more excited when I received some plans from Sarah and images of my kitchen to date as it portrayed the Hampton look I love so much.

Above: The kitchen cabinets and work top  to go against the back wall - There will be a hob and inset oven beneath. There is a 900mm pantry with fitted teak spice racks inside. The end unit will house the refrigerator and I have managed to fit a small scullery/pantry behind the fridge

 Above: Kitchen island which will have an inset butlers sink

Above: The island bench is extremely generous at 3.20 metres in length x 1 metre deep. Three suspension lights will be suspended above (image below). Actually it is not exactly an island as it will be attached to the wall at one end
Above: Sarah uses Hafele soft closing hardware and German handles. The colour of my  kitchen is Quarter Thorndon Cream from Resene
Above: The pantry is beautifully finished with natural teak shelving and spice racks 
Above: A sneak peek at part of my kitchen cabinetry propped up at the joiners for some photos. The small cabinets will obviously be raised up to the height of the range hood when in situ. I love the cross detail Sarah designed for the small cupboards
Above: I spotted this image on Houzz a while ago the room design is by Randell Design Group, I especially loved the oversized lamps and the gorgeous rustic table.  Sarah showed me lights she had picked out for my kitchen (see below), she hadn't seen this image, so I was plesantly surprised as her light is very similar to those above
Above:  I love the combination of metal and white washed wood but after a discussion with Sarah I chose to go for the same design in white.  Sarah mentioned the black would look good against the black metal runner on the barn door which will be hung on an adjacent wall so I hope I have made the right choice

Above: The white version I will be using in the kitchen

When we went down to the house last week to finalise some details, Sarah showed us a couple of kitchens she is currently working on, including the house next door to us (another land and house package) and a large 2 storey, private project they are working on nearby.

Above and Below: The neighbours kitchen, the bench top is white granite, I have also  opted for a white granite bench top
Above: This kitchen is a work in progress. The colour is Resene Napa, originally my kitchen was to be this colour but I asked Sarah if I could have white so she picked Quarter Thorndon Cream which is a warm white. I love the deep moulding on top of these cabinets, Sarah is a stickler for detail, that's why her kitchens are so beautiful
Above and below a nearby project from a large, two storey Hampton style home. This kitchen has a butlers pantry that extends the entire wall to the rear. The kitchen cabinets are a combination of paint finish and natural timber. The subway tiles you can glimpse in the butlers pantry will be the tiles I am having. Although my beach home doesn't have a scullery, on the original plans there is a small storage area just behind the fridge space and accessed from just around the corner of the kitchen, I saw this as the perfect walk in pantry so we are working on utilising this area for kitchen appliances and food or crockery storage. 
Above: The inset shelving on the wall will have a feature sliding barn door. I am hoping I might get a chance to photograph this home once it is finished.

I wanted to end this post with a couple more images of completed projects by Sarah


Remembering this is a house and land package, I feel so lucky to have Sarah doing the interior's because of her eye for detail and we also seem to have similar tastes. The last visit to the house the windows were in and we finalised electrics, I managed to take a few shots so I will share those in the next progress post.


If you missed my first post about my beach house journey, you can catch up....here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.