Sunday 2 October 2011

My Art and Milly's Flowers''

Milly's Flowers is a gorgeous little florist shop located in Coates Avenue, Orakei, just a few steps down from Bettjemans, NZ Hair Salon of the year, owned by Grant and Phif Bettjeman. Immediately you walk into Milly's little shop your surrounded by the colours and scent of Spring. Vibrant blue, red and purple Anemone's, pink, yellow and orange Poppy's, lime green Orchids, soft pink spotted Lily's (one of my favourites), pink Orchids, apricot Roses and gorgeous ornamental Cabbages. 


Not only does Milly sell flowers, she has some innovative gifts such as her hand made floral pens and gift cards. Milly also has a selection of  glass vases of varying size and design. If your a Expat Kiwi overseas and  have an upcoming family birthday or special occasion back in New Zealand, or you just want to cheer someone up, I'd encourage you to use Milly's direct service to send flowers home. 

A couple of weeks ago Milly kindly offered to display my artwork in her shop, I was thrilled with this chance as normally my work is sold by word of mouth and the public don't get to see it. I saw this opportunity as a wonderful way for my art to be viewed outside my home.  Next month I hope to display my latest work, "Rhapsody in Spring", a large piece 1.5 metres x 1.5 metres. Today I am sharing with my viewers, a glimpse of Milly's shop with my photographs.

Milly's flowers, Shop 3, 78 Coates Avenue, Orakei, Auckland

My painting - Angels of Light, oil on canvas 1.10 x 1.10 metres (This painting has now sold March 2012)


I love these beautiful soft apricot roses, simply gorgeous!


Beautiful Spring colours


Soft Spring pastels




Milly's hand made floral topped writing pens



Hope you had a great weekend
Lee x





Please do not re-use any photographs or content from this website without prior permission as some photos are copyright and prior permission has been obtained where necessary.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely opportunity Lee. Your work is so realistic. Best of luck with this exhibition. I always enjoy reading your posts, even if I don't usually post a comment:)
    Regards, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great! That is so exciting to be able to display your work!! Your paintings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Annette and Tea. Its not an exhibition as such but an opportunity to exhibit one piece at a time in Milly's shop. I would need at least 6 pieces to have an exhibition somewhere. Possibly next year I may be able to have one if I can finish enough peices.

    Thank you both for your compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I have looked at your link you have a lovely shop :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.