Friday 28 September 2012

Gingham - Interior Inspiration

Gingham... I'm sure we've all used this pattern in decorating at some time or other, I've used it in cushions to create a cottage look, I've even owned a blue gingham sofa when they were all rage in the 90's.  Gingham can be used to create a cottage or country style decor but seemingly at home in most styles of interiors, as long as you get the balance right and don't over do it. I've gathered up some of my favourite Gingham interiors to inspire you....

Before I share the interior images, I had to include this delightful black and white image via Pinterest. I've been sorting through my mums house and found lots of delightful vintage clothing including some sweet little gloves just like the ones on the model, they even had the original price tag intact.  In fact, I've found so many delightful items I'm preparing a post to share with you next week.


Gingham

gingham







I like the simple addition of a gingham tablecloth to add a touch of "country".


Have you ever used gingham in your home and if so, which room did you use it in? Searching the Internet for images it was clear that its popularity is the bedroom.




6 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but i just have a thing for gingham. I love love the big buffalo checks in neutral colors... but almost all gingham charms me in some way...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those big buffalo checks too. I have gingham roman blinds, well, more of a plaid but they are in a beige colour and look great in my bedroom.

      Thank you for your comments as always Cindy.

      Lee :)

      Delete
  2. My mum used to dress me in gingham when I was little, and she still has a lot in her home. I love the black and white bed bases - gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingham has been around so long I guess, I am not in your era (your much younger) but I also remember a gingham dress that was my favourite.

      Lee :)

      Delete
  3. I love these photos! I can't say I have gingham in my house, but I love atmosphere it creates.
    - I did tell you - Summer time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.