Thursday 22 November 2012

Toile Inspiration & Happy Thanksgiving

First before I inspire you with Toile...Happy Thanksgiving to my USA readers. We hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with family, delicious food and wonderful  friends.


The Wikipedia definition of toile states its origin from the 16th century, a French word meaning "linen cloth" or "canvas".  Toile today is world renown for its decorative use in interior design. Most of us connect it with a classical interior but today this beautiful pattern can be used in most styles of interiors and I'm sharing some  of my inspirational findings. The interiors I discovered illustrate classic to contemporary with some powerful pops of colour which may surprise you....Toile with a twist!
















All images via  Pinterest 






12 comments:

  1. Love the Romantic look! It reminds me of Koket, a very emotional and feminin brand, do you know it? Check out this armoire: http://www.bykoket.com/catalogue/mademoiselle.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhh what gorgeous pictures! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love toile! That combination of reds in the first photo is wonderful...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never think strong pinks for interiors but I LOVE the second picture with those lamps and the table! WOW.

    I've just started a new blog link up My Style Sunday . Your style blog is one of my favourites so wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I wouldn't have pinks in my house but that amazing toile console with those stunning pink lampshades caught my attention big time. What a fabulous entrance to a home, I would love to track down the rest of this house.

      I will pop over to your link and take a look, would love to link up.

      Delete
  5. Toile.... swoon...
    'nuf said...

    ;)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystelle, yes toile is definitely to swoonn over :)

      Lee

      Delete
  6. Lee Caroline, We found you at I Should Be Mopping the Floor Monday Party. Beautiful inspiration! We love toile so much it is our signature. The French Hens are your newest members. Please check us out and take a look at our toile decorating. Maybe you will decide to join us. We will be following you to see more of your inspiring posts.

    Linda and Jeannie at the French Hen's Nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you discovered my blog, most definitely I will take a look at your decorating. Do hope you will continue to be inspired.

      Lee :)

      Delete
  7. I ADORE toile and always have.. I have bits of it all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh you discovered an old post Susan, but glad you did, I love toile too, it never goes out of fashion and is fabulous for a French or Country look.

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.