Saturday 16 February 2013

Beamed Ceilings - Fabulous Beamed Interiors

A while ago I came across the image below and featured it in a post on "neutral Interiors". I instantly fell in love with the white painted beams and slanted ceilings. Some of you may think, how awful to paint the beams white, however, for this interior, white ceilings and beams are perfect to show off the natural textures in the furnishings such as the rattan side table, wooden coffee table and basket ware.

Beams are something I haven't yet had the pleasure of in any of my homes, but I have promised myself when I build that "dream home," they are definitely going to be included. Therefore, for sometime I have been gathering images of beamed interiors.  Today I am sharing a few of the more special rooms with you, if you wish to see more please take a look at my Pinterest board where I have a large collection of beamed interiors... you will find the link at the end of this post.







beams.




French kitchen



Images sources via 1|2|3|4|5|6|7


See more beams on my Pinterest board




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness,the beamed ceilings are wonderful. That first photo and the fifth photo are my favorite rooms. I love the way the beams make a room feel so solid and supported.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fabulous, I have no idea why we cover up a lot of the structure of our homes. If I build my dream home I definitely want beamed ceilings, although I do know they cost considerably more, why I have no idea!

      The first room is also my favorite, I would love to paint my existing floorboards white too but someone else is not so obliging about that idea. I think it would give such a fresh look to my whole house.

      Lee ☺

      Delete
  2. This pretty much sums up my dream home. Ahhhh, someday. White walls and ceiling and those amazing beams!!! So happy and bright and everything goes with it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.