Saturday 27 July 2013

Black and white prints are timeless

I have been browsing black and white prints for my guest bedroom and was excited to see a fabulous range of prints at Serena and Lily. What appeals most about black and white prints is the ease they fit into most decorating styles, they are forever stylish and have a timeless appeal about them.


Jennifer Ament and Alison Mckee are a couple of the talented artists whose works are on exhibit. I love Jennifer's distinct style, printed from her original lino cuts, each one is limited to around 50 editions which makes them rather special.




1. Alison Mckee - Black and white ink drawing 1993
2. Jennifer Ament - Ferry boat print
3. Jennifer Ament - Safety pin print
4. Jennifer Ament - Eucalyptus print
5. Rob Delamater - Feather print
6. Gaetan Caron -  Auto portrait sur Argile Mendocino (self portrait in clay)

I have certainly been inspired and have light-bulb idea for my guest room, so pop back tomorrow when I will be sharing my mood boards. The room is well underway so there is no turning back from the style I have chosen. My guest room will have a touch of masculinity which is unusual for me as I am a bit of a "girly, girl", however I've decided to try something a little different, hopefully it will come together nicely.



1 comment:

  1. They're all cool prints, but i must say, i do love the feather...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.