Monday 9 September 2013

Boca Do Lobo - Exquisite, unique furniture design

I lived in Brunei for almost 8 years and during this time not only was I surrounded by rainforest but also by opulence. While living there I was lucky enough to experience several invitations to the Sultan's Istana (palace) where I was in awe of the incredibly luxurious surroundings. Little gold plated, (yes real gold) shuttle cocks were used as feet on some of the chairs in their gymnasium, I noticed on one visit that a foot was missing and wondered to myself if someone had decided to take a souvenir! Although opulence may not be my personal style, I am always appreciative of unique designs and since leaving Brunei I have not seen such opulence until I discovered Boca Do Lobo, a furniture design company located in Portugal. I hesitate to use the word furniture as their designs are totally unique, more functional pieces of art. 

If luxury is your style and money is no object then just take a look Boca Do Lobo's exquisite, limited edition pieces....



Eden Series - gold plated 



Monochrome - Inspired by monochromatic paintings,  reflected light adds fluidity to these sculptural pieces. 
Piccadilly Cabinet

A fabulous cabinet inspired by Manueline 

From their more affordable range, I'm in love with these wonderful side tables...

Side table - Stone, made from laquered oak, mahogany or walnut

Caos' - Urban yet classical design


 I encourage you to visit Boco Do Lobo to learn more about their company and browse their unique furniture, each piece has it's own story. If you can't resist one of these amazing pieces, they do ship worldwide.



4 comments:

  1. Isn't it incredible?! That first photo with the velvet sofa and gold tables is just delicious. Love the idea of gold shuttlecock feet :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sofa is divine, I think a prop for the photo shoot. The gold tree stump type sculptures are from Boca Do Lobo. Yes the shuttlecock feet were cute, I do have some photos I sneaked inside the palace but not one of the shuttlecock chairs. Not sure if I should show them on my blog, they are 2d not digital but I might just dig them out and see what I can find.

      Lee :)

      Delete
  2. How awesome that you got to visit the Sultan's palace! That would be such an amazing experienc! These images sure are opulent. I love the color of the couch in the first photo. Sigh. We can dream can't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Khammany, yes we were very lucky, my husband taught one of the Sultan's sons and we were priviledged to be invited to play ten pin bowling in their private gym in the Palace. The Sultan also opened a part of the Palace to the public after Ramadan where anyone could attend and meet the Sultan and his wives and then have a meal. Women and men didn't dine together you were separated so women got to shake hands with the wives and men with the Sultan and his sons. I was amazed when I first heard this as this meant anyone whatsoever in Brunei at that time. I didn't actually go to one but lucky enough to see parts of the palace from another perspective.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.