Wednesday 26 February 2014

My living Room Update - Blue & White Ralph Lauren Cushions & New Images

My gorgeous blue and white Ralph Lauren fabric has been made into pretty new cushions to go behind my tropical print ones. Curtainalia have done a wonderful job and I am pleased how the room is coming together. Blue and white is such a fresh combination and the greens and browns in the tropical print add a little warmth. In my previous post I shared images of my room before I got my new cushions and I promised to share more shots, including a few more angles.

You will notice there is a large built in book case to one side of the fire place. Originally I was going to remove this to create space for my Korean cabinet, I have since changed my mind as the storage this unit provides is valuable in a small home. However, I plan to replace the doors and handles with a more traditional style and add further shelving and may even give it a new lease of life with some Chalk Paint™ At the moment, I haven't done much in the way of styling the shelves, but once my study is finished and I move the books over to my study, I will completely change the way things are displayed.

My new Ralph Lauren fabric


Above: My favourite vase bought in Chang Mai

Cushions by Curtainalia

Above: I removed my mirror and re-hung my oil painting 'Serenity Rose' - I am planning on replacing this painting with  something in blue and white.

Fresh figs from a friends garden and olive branches from the curbside outside my house. The oblong cushion has been piped with the Ralph Lauren fabric.

The bookshelf was in the house when I bought it. I am planning to add more shelving and change the doors and handles



I hope you have enjoyed looking at my home as much as I have enjoyed sharing it. You can see the previous images of my room....here.


If you haven't already left a comment on my previous 'Minted' give-a-way post, please don't forget, as there is $100 credit to spend plus postage and they have some beautiful stationery products. It is open to all my readers, regular and passers by. It closes on the 5th March and there are not many entries at this stage so everyone is in with a good chance. Don't be shy, even if you have won something before your welcome to try again.



Lee oxo


8 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous!! love the blue and white, so happy to see one of your fabulous paintings hung up! such a sunny and inviting room~

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, yes that painting I kept for myself but do have someone interested in buying it so I wanted to get it up on the wall for a while to admire it again. It is a 7 layer technique (old Masters style) painting that took forever to finish. Glad you enjoyed my room :)

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    So clean, fresh, and beautiful. I absolutely love the Ralph Lauren fabric!
    I introduced blue to our living room in January, and love the warm life it brings to a room.
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, I am going to pop over to take a look at your room. I agree it brings life and it is such a fresh look, everyone loves it that has seen it first hand.

      Thanks for taking time to comment.

      Lee :)

      Delete
  3. Olá, eu achei linda a sua pintura á óleo, linda rosa parece ser em 3D, tão real, muito linda. Um bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La pintura de la Rosa Tomó muchas horas y 7 capas de pintura de aceite fino. Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para comentar Rosaria. :)

      Delete
  4. I adore your new Ralph Lauren pillows! They look perfect in your space! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn, sorry I have only just seen this reply. I hope I thanked you for featuring me over at your blog.

      Lee :)

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.