When it comes to metallic, gold and silver are my favourite and both these glamorous tones can work in every style of room. Whether it is an accessory or a piece of furniture, the metallic look continues to trend so don't wait for Christmas to show off a little bling be inspired by some of the ideas I've discovered.
Depending on your personal style and room you want to enhance, introducing a little gold or silver can be as subtle or as loud as you want. The rooms I have selected above and below, each have their unique style using gold and silver tones. I especially love the hammered silver kitchen of Jean-Louis Deniot. To help you achieve the look I have also curated a board.
2. Above: Add a little bling with some decorative accessories such as these silver orbs
3. Above: Subtle silver tones of tarnished vintage trays make a lovely wall display - You can purchase vintage silver trays via Foo Foo La La Child on Etsy
4. Above: In his Paris apartment, designer Jean-Louis Deniot covered his cabinetry in warm hammered silver. Photograph by Jean-Louis Deniot
5. Above: A mix of traditional style cabinetry, industrial style lighting and silver mosaic subway tiles
6. Above: Paint your shelving brackets gold and add some gold toned accents to your desk to achieve a vogue look
7. Above: Add some detail to your walls with gold self-stick decals and desk accessories - See how Lovely Indeed created this confetti wall with wall decals
8. Above: Add contrast and impact with a designer, gold suspension lamp
Get The Look...
1. Gold Teardrop Bean Bag Chair also available in silver from BeanBag Boss 2. Luminous Dots Pillow from Anthropologie 3.Triangle Sequins Pillow Gold/Silver from Westelm 4. Lani Metal Orb Large, silver from Amazon 5.Louis Poulsen Doo Wop Pendant Lamp Brass from Lovinhome.com 6. Hand embossed dresser from Anthropologie 7. Threshold™ Nautical Brass Cage Accent Table from Target 8. Half gold light bulb from Anthropologie 9. Silver-plated Bamboo Clock from Pottery Barn 10. Codify Pencil Holder from Anthropologie
Every home deserves to shine and adding a few gold or silver accents are the perfect way.
Sharing this post with some of the following blogs: