Wednesday 5 November 2014

Make Your Interior Shine with the Latest in Metallic Homeware and Furnishing


1

When it comes to metallic, gold and silver are my favourite and both these glamorous tones can work in every style of room. Whether it is an accessory or a piece of furniture, the metallic look continues to trend so don't wait for Christmas to show off a little bling be inspired by some of the ideas I've discovered.

Depending on your personal style and room you want to enhance, introducing a little gold or silver can be as subtle or as loud as you want. The rooms I have selected above and below, each have their unique style using gold and silver tones. I especially love the hammered silver kitchen of Jean-Louis Deniot. To help you achieve the look I have also curated a board.


2. Above: Add a little bling with some decorative accessories such as these silver orbs
3. Above: Subtle silver tones of tarnished vintage trays make a lovely wall display - You can purchase vintage silver trays via Foo Foo La La Child on Etsy
4. Above: In his Paris apartment, designer Jean-Louis Deniot covered his cabinetry in warm hammered silver. Photograph by Jean-Louis Deniot
5. Above: A mix of traditional style cabinetry, industrial style lighting and silver mosaic subway tiles
6. Above: Paint your shelving brackets gold and add some gold toned accents to your desk to achieve a vogue look
7. Above: Add some detail to your walls with gold self-stick decals and desk accessories - See how Lovely Indeed created this confetti wall with wall decals
8. Above: Add contrast and impact with a designer, gold suspension lamp 


Above; Images via 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8

Get The Look...


1. Gold Teardrop Bean Bag Chair also available in silver from BeanBag Boss 2. Luminous Dots Pillow from Anthropologie 3.Triangle Sequins Pillow Gold/Silver from Westelm 4. Lani Metal Orb Large, silver from Amazon 5.Louis Poulsen Doo Wop Pendant Lamp Brass from Lovinhome.com 6. Hand embossed dresser from Anthropologie 7. Threshold™ Nautical Brass Cage Accent Table from Target 8. Half gold light bulb from Anthropologie 9. Silver-plated Bamboo Clock from Pottery Barn 10. Codify Pencil Holder from Anthropologie


Every home deserves to shine and adding a few gold or silver accents are the perfect way.






5 comments:

  1. Oh I love it all, I have been on a gold and silver kick for a while now. Can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Marty, I have some silver accents in my guest bedroom, a large framed mirror and pewter bedside lamp and a silver finish oversized reading lamp. I must admit I love the first image but my home will only take small amounts of bling. However, there is some in every room in my house in some form or other.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, i love them all. The room in the first photo is so yummy... the gold and silver are just perfect... and I have saved the third photo on my Pinterest board. I love the rustic and wood with the silver trays. One of my favorites...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, those trays look great and a fabulous way of displaying a vintage collection. The first image is my favourite, it seems to have the right balance of bling :)

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.