Monday 20 July 2015

Nantucket Style Exterior, Eclectic Interior in a Washington, Beachside Home



After a weekend of bitterly cold weather and small tornadoes, including one at nearby St Heliers beach, I am pretty sure this is why I am looking at beach side homes in warmer locations, not to mention travel brochures which are currently sitting in a neat pile beside me and which I plan to peruse when I finish this post. However, If I lived in this beautiful home, I doubt I would ever need to take a holiday.

Beach side, but not in the travel brochure, I discovered this fabulous Nantucket style, architecturally designed home in Washington. Although this home has typical Nantucket architecture, the interior design is more an eclectic mix of styles. The kitchen and living room with its amazing feature stone fireplace are much Nantucket/beach style. However, other parts of the house are a mix of cottage and European style, including French. This mix of styles keeps you intrigued as you view each room, a truly inspiring interior design mix that one can draw much inspiration from. A spacious home with too many photos to share in this post, I encourage you to use the link at the end to view more images.


Above: An entrance hall with European elegance 
Above and below: A relaxed living space in Nantucket style. A blend of contemporary and antique pieces fit seamlessly into this beach side location.
Above: The large stone fireplace is the focal point in this relaxed living space
Above: I love the beams running across the room, they add so much character to a space (I have always wanted to put one as a divider between my kitchen and living space).
Above: This dining space has a cottage feel with its exposed beams, window seat and lead light windows.
Above: A traditional style kitchen reflects the Nantucket style, yet also country style with plentiful use of natural wood seen in the wall cabinets, beams and floor.
Above: Open shelving is a great idea for a butlers pantry where you can quickly grab what you need.
Above: A small sitting nook kept neutral, has cottage appeal
Above: I must admit I do love this bedroom which has a mix of furniture. I am so into black and white bedlinen right now.
Above: A bathroom with some French flair
Above: Why would you need to go on holiday with this glorious outdoor pool and patio

What works in this home is keeping the neutral palette which has enabled the designer to blend a mix of furniture, yet retain a unified, balanced, relaxed look throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.