Wednesday 26 October 2011

Get the Look - French inspired room

One of my readers left a comment the other day about this room being her favourite, so I have decided to use the room for another post on "Get the Look".  My readers are scattered throughout the world so I have sourced  products from UK/USA/NZ/AUS  for you to recreate this look in your own home.


Chandeliers can of course be very expensive, however, you can discover great finds on Ebay if your in USA or UK or Trademe if your in NZ.


This is "The Look", French Inspired & romantic.

 Candelabra Chandelier from Pottery Barn on special NZ$216.80 plus shipping.


This lovely armoire is from an Etsy shop called The Rustic Village - US$795 plus US$200 shipping throughout USA.


Beautiful Antique Style Ivory Bird cage / Wedding Card Holder Birdcage  / Wedding Birdcage / Decorative Bird Cage
Antique style birdcage US$45.00 from Southbury Treasures an etsy shop. Southbury Treasures have many designs, colours and sizes of ornamental bird cages.


1. Large antique chandelier from Yvonne Saunders Antiques,  Auckland, NZ - Contact Yvonne via website.            
2. Argenta Candle Stick from Freedom Furniture -  NZ$34.95
3. 2 Door Romance Wardrobe from French Touch NZ - NZ$2,226
4. Ornamental Bird Cages from Bali Mystique, Australia - Large AU$89.95 medium AU$59.95


1.  I fell in love with this dresser, (shame I'm not living in the UK as its gorgeous). Available from Lucy Willow. It is on sale at 1,100.00 (British Pounds). Free Delivery within the UK.
2.  I also love this dining chair from Lucy Willow the Sedgemoor dining chair 145.00 (British Pounds).
3.  Antique white birdcage 35.00 (British Pounds) from Oriental Birdcages, UK supplier.
4.  This simple chandelier is  from Chandeliers a UK company who have a great range in all sizes and prices. This example is Angel and costs 330.00 (British Pounds).


 All above items were available at the time of posting, it is possible that items have sold since.




Hope your weekend was wonderful 
and your week began with Sunshine and Inspiration!
Lee x



2 comments:

  1. This post is awesome!! To tell us where we can find things is just wonderful. I am having a real problem with decorating my new house. My husband is REALLY leaning toward Traditional/contemporary in the open concept living room/kitchen/breakfast area. I wanted more of a Cottage/Country French look. With the open concept, it is really difficult. So, I MUST incorporate some County French in with his choices.

    Anyway, the green china/hutch/dresser is just want I want in my breakfast area. I feel that I had better not settle until I can find it in the states.

    Again, great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for dropping by. I have a small open plan living area with an ultra modern kitchen (white and stainless steel). I have managed to incorporate a cottage feel to the room with French touches here and there.

      I believe you can mix and match your furnishing and create a really interesting room. I will have to post some images of my living area but at the moment planning to make a few changes. I am waiting for my new camera before I can do justice to it.

      If you really love a special piece of furniture, then wait and buy it, don't settle for less or you will be disappointed. Then you can work around this peice and still be able to incorporate some of the things your husband likes too.

      Lee ☺

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.