Wednesday 9 November 2011

Table Top Inspiration


I've been searching nearly a year now for a suitable dining table for my open plan living area. My area is not very spacious and I envisioned a table I could place against the wall  to display some nice items  while not in use. You might think it easy to find a suitable table but it proved harder than I thought.  The only table that would work for me was a drop leaf but most of the vintage ones had ugly legs or they were too low, and modern drop leaf tables seem to be a little elusive.  NZ is a small country of only 4 million in population (yes we do have 50 million sheep), but sometimes were not as fortunate as my USA and UK readers in our choice of places to shop.  Last week however,  I was lucky enough to find the perfect table, well almost perfect, it's antique pine,  circular, seats 6 people and drops down to stand against the wall. The not so perfect part is the turned legs have been scratched and gnawed at by some animal, I was told a cat but looks more like "Jaws" to me :(. I am currently working on repairing this and plan to paint the legs and skirting  in a French style similar to the table below.  I will be posting my makeover and the look I am putting together soon.  Meanwhile I am looking for ideas to display on my table top when I'm not entertaining.

Oval drop leaf table from Layla Grayce - US$1,338 (I wish Layla Grayce were in NZ as this table would have been perfect for me).


Some Table Top Inspiration
 click on the arrow to scroll through the slideshow - created through Houzz



My little pup is begging for attention so have to dash...
Lee x
Browse Outdoor Products on Houzz- For Example:



Y343TWW5RC2Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.