Wednesday 8 February 2012

Valentines & Other Ideas With Doilies

While looking for valentines ideas I came across this little slide show, via Houzz. Susan Duane has put together some great ideas using paper doilies, I especially love the stencilled bags but was thinking you could actually stencil onto cushions/pillows too which would look just as good.  Susan also has a blog, "Hometown Girl" where you can find more of her ideas and a link to her lovely fabric store, "Paperhill Fabrics" where Susan is selling authentic fabrics from the 50's,60's and 70's.

Please visit Susan's blog "Hometown Girl" for more ideas.


And did you know you could hand dye doilies....


For instructions to make these pretty, hand dyed doilies using food colouring, please see "Charlotte's Fancy".


If your looking for some yummy valentines deserts before you leave you may want to check out my fail proof pavlova recipe also my Strawberry & Raspberry Tiramisu, made in a mason jar.


Hope your having a great week
Lee oxo
&
Poppy

·

1 comment:

  1. These are so sweet - I love pastels. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.