Monday 27 August 2012

Interior Design by Grant Larkin

Recently I was excited to discover the work of Grant Larkin Interior design, a partnership of Elaine Grant and Matthew Larkin, I fell in love their very distinct sense of style. As an artist myself I was drawn to the fascinating artworks found in their interiors and I wanted to share a few of their designs that spoke to me.

 I love the central artwork, the boy on the galloping horse. The colour of the stripes in the seating perfectly co-ordinates with this work. The addition of the bold carpet reflects colours used in the adjacent painting to the right and some of the artifacts on display.

A simple fireplace made stunning by the addition of wide horizontal stripes. The light in this room is perfect, the painting above the fireplace almost reflects the flames.

 What a wonderful mix of pattern and style in this living area opening to the kitchen. A mix of furniture styles and colours that create for me an "Americana" look. Grant Larkin have managed to create a comfortable area with an eclectic retro look.  I am fascinated by this room.


The fabulous kitchen with its bold statement extractor housing.

Sometimes "Less is more". No artwork required in this dining area with a stunning window framing the exterior view. This interior is my personal favourite.

I love this collection of furniture, beautiful woods that compliment the statement painting above the sofa.

I have to say I just love the architectural design of this room, the beautiful windows with their unusual window panes. The eagle sculpture perfectly reflects the curves of the window frame.

I particularly appreciate how Grant Larkin create a wonderful balance without restrictions, they go "out of the box", and it's clearly important their clients possessions, whether a large piece of furniture, artwork or a small ceramic, each item has its importance in the overall design. Grant Larkin's designs are not just about an eye for detail, this company is truly sympathetic to their clients complete environment, both architectural, and aesthetic, right down to the finest details.

More of Grant Larkin's work can be seen at their website or at their Dering Hall site.

Note: Images above reproduced with permission from Grant Larkin, please do not re-use these images.



Lee
&
Poppy oxo

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork, Lee. The second photograph especially caught my eye, not only because of the great use of light as you mentioned but also because I love the arrangement on the mantle. Simple, but what a statement!

    Kifus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kifus, I also love that arrangement, it immediately caught my attention, hence posting it.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.