Monday 30 June 2014

The Work of Virginia, Interior Designer Pat Bibbee

There is usually one day of the week I devote some time to visiting the local library and when I do, more often than not I come back with a mountain of magazines and several design books. Sometimes they are so heavy, it means two trips to the car. One of my latest library acquisitions, is a book about some of Americas top, leading residential designers, appropriately titled 'Leading Residential Interior Designers". A book showing the varied styles of Designers in the USA, including designer Pat Bibbee, whose work stood out to me.

A respected name in West Virginia, Pat Bibbee has earned national attention for her work, featuring in design publications such as 'Leading Residential Interior Designers', Southern Living magazine and their publication, 'Decorating with Southern Living'. Pat has also featured on HGTV's Homes Across America. When I saw Pat's designs, what struck me was the variation of her work. Often a designer is approached because of their particular style. However, seeing a style and saying "I want that" is not really respecting your own personality. True design is not following a trend, it is about creating a home that is functional, comfortable and beautiful, at the same time reflecting the owner's personalities. Pat believes a "home should reflect the lifestyles and personalities of the people that live in them" and her clients are so happy with her work that they always return to her for new projects.

The images below are separate projects from Pat Bibbee Design...


 Above: I love this corner, the window seat makes a cosy reading nook. The proportions of the beautiful stone fireplace, the toile cushions and sumptuous throw - Very much a classic English look.

Above: A clever use of ceramic forms a 3D artwork that reflect the Peony's seen in the wallpaper.

Above: Pops of mango add an element of surprise

Above:  A warm and inviting entryway - simple and classic. Pat often uses accessories that reflect a piece of artwork.

Above: I am biased here as I love blue and white, it is such a fresh combination.

Above: A touch of Hamptons style in this beautiful room with its soaring ceilings.


As you can see from the images above, Pat's designs capture the individual style of their respective owners.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I have an exciting opportunity this week of meeting Annie Sloan in New Zealand, and some one on one tuition with her, I feel very privileged and will be armed with camera to share the experience in a blog post. If you are located in NZ and want to meet Annie, she will be attending her book signing on Wednesday 2nd July at Le Monde from 1.00pm - 2.30pm.  If  you can make it, I will be there until 1.45pm and would love to meet any of my readers who are able to attend. Le Monde is a fabulous homeware shop where you can do a little shopping at the same time or browse around at your hearts content.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.