Friday 4 July 2014

Kelly Hoppen's Elegant Designs & On Line Store


Kelly Hoppen's style is instantly recognisable, Kelly combines her signature 'taupe' colour, with black, beige and white to create the most stunning interiors. Whether a beach house in Barbados or a loft apartment in London, from casual elegance to a dramatic statement, her designs appear flawless. 

With an MBE for her influence on interior design, earlier this year Kelly opened an on-line store reflecting her signature style. Kelly features a range of furniture, soft furnishings and accessories but she also gives away some of her style secrets. With videos and notes she talks about texture, perfect neutrals, styling and more. If you visit Kelly Hoppen you will see on her side bar, 'The Art of Home'. This is a series of video's and notes, and a valuable resource when it comes to designing spaces yourself. Kelly also discusses console styling, bedding, bathrooms and adding what she calls the 'jewellery' for your home. By this she means the decorative pieces such as vases, books, candles, etc. 

Coral is one of Kelly's favourite pieces of home jewellery, she says it is "the perfect contrast against the clean lines of modern design, and can be used to quickly create a mood of contemporary elegance." We are not talking 'coastal' here, Kelly uses coral in a way that works in the most luxurious surroundings. Kelly also discusses how to add textural layers to a room, mixing contrasting finishes such as gloss with rough and smooth and the use of candles and diffusers. 

Personally, I have always been drawn to neutral interiors, I guess it stems from my own fashion choice. If you put me in a room full of designer clothes, I will always gravitate towards the whites, beige and black and maybe skim through the colours - I wonder, is what we wear a reflection of our personality and how we decorate our homes? 


Remember when working with a neutral or taupe palette, to be successful it is about mixing textures and Kelly's new range makes this so easy to achieve. I encourage you to hop over to Kelly's on-line store, I am not sure if they do international shipping, the main reason I have brought her site to your attention was for her valuable tips and secrets. Personally, I sometimes try too hard when it comes to styling a vignette, Kelly has reminded me, less is best and using Kelly's techniques I am currently creating a few simple but effective vignettes around my home. I will share these next week, along with a my living room updated with its winter look.  Meanwhile I hope you have a lovely weekend, I have a little shopping planned, and if the weather remains as beautiful as today, a lot of walking with Poppy too.

Lee oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.