Monday 27 April 2015

An Exclusive Tour of Auckland Interior Designer, Irene Crean's French Provencal Style Home - Part Two of Four



The second part of a four part tour of interior designer, Irene Crean's stunning, French Provencal style home.

Last Friday I featured the first part of a series of photos I shot of Irene's home in Auckland, a world away from France, nevertheless you feel as if you have been transported to Provence or Tuscany.  If you missed part one, I would encourage you to hop over and read it first as it gives a brief background to Irene's home and includes 15 of the first photos shot. I did say this would be a five part series but I should be able to share the images in four posts. I've decided to write a brief description below the images so that you get more of a feel of this unique home.

Irene's office is a generous sized room to the left of the entranceway. The first part of this room has a large stone fireplace and seating area
 Two stunning antique bookcases flank the stone fireplace. Unfortunately my photo of the bookcases in their entirety was over exposed so I haven't included it
As an interior designer, fabrics are an important part of Irene's life and her home is full of rich coloured silks, damasks and velvets.
 Vignettes are seen dotted throughout the house, some are cherished family memories, others decorative pieces Irene has collected
 A small sitting room lies adjacent to the entrance to the kitchen. This room has double French doors opening onto a patio which has a large fireplace (to be seen in part three)
Freshly picked flowers from Irene's garden are dotted around the house
 Irene has a natural talent for styling
 The master bedroom is beautifully decorated in pale grey, mauve's, rose and burgundy
 Pretty vignettes delight as I wander through the house
 The muted, gold stripes on the wall were painted using a wide paint pad and are purposely not straight. Perfection, as in accuracy, is not what this home is about, it is about the beauty seen in the simple imperfections of an older home full of vintage and antique furniture
This antique, French chair upholstered in rich velvet and accented with gilding wax sits adjacent to the bed
The main bathroom reveals a surprise behind the door...
 A stunning, studded metal bath beside a shuttered window with a view to the terraced garden below
 A wooden stool in any bathroom is a great idea. You could stack some towels or arrange something pretty like this antique linen and soap, a delight to any visitor

Each corner I turn in Irene's home fills me with awe, it is not just what I am seeing but the whole atmosphere of this wonderful home, a feeling that cannot be expressed through mere photos. An afternoon is not enough to photograph everything and I'm sure that if I had spent 3 days, I would still be snapping away. 

I hope you are enjoying the tour and will return here Wednesday to see Part three where I will share Irene's stunning French Provencal kitchen, dining and patio area. Don't forget, if you missed part one, there is a link at the beginning of this post where you can catch up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.