Monday 25 July 2011

Tracey's Citrus Slice

ci

Photograph by Mark O'Meara and Steve Brown

My friend Tracey who now lives in  Australia, gave me this really easy refrigerate slice recipe. I met Tracey when we were living in Brunei, she was a great cook, friend and also a very creative lady who used to make the most beautiful patchwork quilts and exquisitely detailed Victorian embroidery.  

For a short time I joined Tracey's embroidery group but soon found out embroidery was not my forte when I realised the back of my embroidery looked like a "dogs dinner" with ends of cotton poking out everywhere, whereas all the other skilled embroiderers looked as good on the back as the front. I do still have some of the pieces I made in the group including a really sweet Victorian pin cushion which had embroidered strawberries on it. I was very proud of this piece, luckily the reverse side was hidden within the stuffing :) 


Lemons are plentiful in Australasia right now, so my suggestion for the slice. The lemons below I picked from my mothers garden. The beautiful lace mat is also my mothers and was hand made by my grandmother many years ago. I think the lace technique is called "tatting".




This slice makes a great lunchbox filler or yummy to have with a cup of tea and friends. Another simple, full proof recipe for those who struggle with baking.  Please see my recipe page or click on the photos above for a direct link.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.