Tuesday 27 September 2011

Colour Inspiration - Duck Egg Blue

My mother had the most exquisite perfume bottle given to her by my Godfather many years ago, I have never seen anything quite so beautiful. The delicate, porcelain blue speckled egg with its little solid silver screw on lid sits proudly on her dressing table. Although the egg is a copy of a blackbirds egg, it's  the classic "duck egg blue" I adore. I am sorry I don't have a photo of it to share with you today but promise to get one tomorrow and add it to this post because it truly is a thing of beauty and when I inherit it I will cherish it forever.  I do, however, have a collection of images for you in varying shades of  blue. Hopefully these photos inspire you to find a place in your home to add a little of this colour whether it be a throw on your bed, accent pillows, a vase or even a photo frame. I am excited to be using this blue as an accent in my own "soon to be featured" bedroom.


Duck Eggs - The inspiration for the colour


photo source - unfortunately I cannot find this shot again, please if this belongs to you, email me and I will credit correctly.





Addendum: Photo of my mothers antique porcelain perfume bottle with hallmarked silver lid.



entrances/foyers - blue-green wall color  Love the crisp clean colors of this entryway.    The blue wall color is perfect--not too blue, not
photo source - decorpad.com

My whole house is neutral paintwork in Resene Ricecake and Resene 1/4 parchment but after seeing the gorgeous colour of this hallway I wish I actually had some colour in my house. The bonus I guess for me is using accessories to bring colour in, I can always change or add to my accessories but it's expensive to change paint.  Nevertheless, I love the colour of this hall.




photo source - remodelista.com

Don't you just love this old table and gorgeous blue bowls. The overall look is soft, fresh and definitely uncontrived. 



I adore this blue commode, available at Frenchy Furniture, Balham South London. They can be emailed at info@frenchyfurniture.com  




This vintage, soft blue botanical print from Wallace Cotton is gorgeous. The lamps and the verdigris planter make a bold but balanced statement to the softer look of this setting. This pretty bedlinen is a new arrival at Wallace Cotton, Paradiso Quilt NZ$129.90 - NZ$189.90. European pillowcase in Paradiso, NZ$29.90. oxford Pillowcase NZ$24.90





 I have just noticed, coincidentally, my "links" reflect my love of this blue.





If you’r having a “blue” day, cheer yourself up

By bringing some duck egg blue into your home!
Lee x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.