Thursday 8 December 2011

Lilac Inspiration, My living Room & Laura Ashley

A little while ago I came across a beautiful mauve themed room (also featured in "It's a Purple Christmas this year),  I love the richness of the velvet sofa, the fabric's soft, subtle sheen against areas of matte velvet, similar to the patina of a worn antique mirror. I was immediately reminded of a beautiful Laura Ashley cushion I spotted a few weeks ago in their Newmarket store.

Laura Ashley have always been a part of my life, when I was living in York in the UK I could walk to my nearest Laura Ashley store and often popped down to see what new items had arrived and keep an eye on their trends. In fact I remember my kitchen in the UK had a little cherry patterned Laura Ashley paper in red and I had a small floral print in my bathroom in blue... gosh that was almost 31 years ago! Now I'm living in New Zealand and my nearest store is a car drive away but I still visit regularly to see what's new in their beautiful homeware.  Laura Ashley have kindly loaned some products for my mauve inspiration and today I'm sharing them with you. Friday I'm featuring a Christmas table setting in purple and silver and some beautiful glassware from Laura Ashley so please visit again and be inspired.

Image from Architectural Digest

The Laura Ashley products featured below are available from their stores throughout Australia and New Zealand.  If you are in the UK, contact your local store for availability of products. 



What a lift the colour of these cushions gave to this corner of my room which was previously very neutral with beige and black cushions. I love the soft texture of the Eden throw and it's long silky tassel's

Nigella velvet cushion in grape NZD129.00
Gosford embroidered cushion Plum/prune floral NZD209.00
Eden Throw in amethyst - NZD99.00
Plum silk rose in white pot NZD29.00
All from Laura Ashley, see website for nearest store.



A close up showing the gorgeous embroidery detail in this beautiful Gosford Cushion from Laura Ashley


Laura Ashley also have an in-home design service available. For more information or to book an appointment please contact your local store or email: customer.service@laura-ashley.com.au 

Poppy insisted in being in the last shot! She does look a bit miffed at being ignored most of the afternoon.


Please come back Friday (Saturday in the Antipodes) when
I'll be sharing a mauve/silver Christmas table setting
and some more gorgeous Laura Ashley products.
Also coming up soon step by step instructions to make some pretty
Christmas crackers to decorate your Christmas table and lots more Christmas inspiration.

Lee oxo
&
Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.