Saturday 25 February 2012

Colonial Cottage - The last of it's kind

Would you believe this gorgeous 2 storey cottage is the last of its kind in the UK...not only that but it was originally available as a "flat pack" from Harrod's intended for the Indian colonies. It's not so surprising to me re the "flat pack" as we can buy houses in New Zealand by kitset to erect ourselves (if you have a savvy DIY husband or BF), we call them "Kit Sets". It does surprise me though that this is the last of it's kind in the UK, quite sad I think. However this cottage has real appeal and is basically in it's original design. This delightful home is full of whimsy and charm, with surprise pops of colour here and there. With no more hesitation lets step inside...











 This delightful home is available for photo/film shots through jj locations. Please do not re-use these images without prior permission from  jjlocations.


Sharing today with 
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 

looking forward to better weather this weekend but not looking
optimistic at the moment
Lee oxo
&
Poppy

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous home, I love all the light, it looks so airy, thanks for sharing it and have a lovely weekend!! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K, I wish my house was as spacious, I think it's similar to our little two storey colonial villas in Auckland, probably what attracted me to it.

    Hope you have a good weekend too, I shall be working on my painting most of the weekend.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to follow you as a linky follower too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely cottage, wish I could visit it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home! Nice post :)

    www.blinding-noise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.