Hi everyone, a brief update on my latest work in progress. I began laying in my umber layers which place my tonal areas but got so excited about this painting I started laying down colour where I had completed the under tones (just couldn't wait!). Therefore, you are seeing areas of this painting almost complete while other areas are still to have under layers completed. I am thrilled with my progress as I have a gallery very interested in a solo exhibition of my work and need to get this finished so they can see it.
I've been working day and night on this piece. You may remember my post on the reference photo that inspired this new work. I chose 5 photos and asked for your opinion. The one I selected was image 3 which was a popular choice. I have slightly cropped the top a little more so the Queen Anne's Lace will not show in my final painting.
Oil on Italian Linen 1 metre x 1 metre (3 feet 3.3 " x 3 feet 3.3")
I had a major problem with my computer yesterday which I cannot resolve, I've had to use my mother's computer and it means I don't have all the applications I need to resize photos etc, so you may have to bare with me till I sort this out. Meanwhile I am sorry the images above are a little small. I have just also realised I don't even have "word" on this laptop... this will cause all sorts of problems for me :(
(If you have found me by a "link" party I would really be thrilled if you
could add yourself to my linky friends or followers on my side bar ☺)
Hope you had a great weekend. I will be asking
for ideas on a title for this work when it's
finished so get your thinking caps out ☺