Thursday 16 May 2013

Unique London Homeware Stores - Places Not To Be Missed.

I am not sure if you are familiar with the fact that I'm a born and bred London girl, yes, I am a true Cockney without the accent. Apparently if you are born within the sound of  "Bow Bells" then you are considered worthy of being a cockney and I was privileged to be born only a short distance away. However, at the age of 6 my parents looking for greener pastures, whisked me far away to other side of the world to New Zealand (Aotearoa, meaning land of the long white cloud). Over my lifetime I have been lucky enough to return to London many times and whenever I'm there I feel like a kid in a candy store. I remember once standing in a side street in Chelsea with my list of "to do's" and so excited I couldn't decide which direction to go first. There are so many fabulous stores in London, many we are familiar with such as Harrods and Liberty's, however there are some amazing smaller stores that are worth visiting and with the ease of the underground its a breeze to get to any of these locations.

Today I thought it might be interesting to take my readers on a mini tour of some of the "Fab" shops around London such as James Smith & Sons with their retro kitchenware, two fabulous Anthropologie stores, Barnett Lawson for their unique trimmings (a must visit if your a seamstress) and Alfie's antiques for authentic Mid Century design are just a few of my destinations. Don't forget, although the design stores might close at night, London is still very much awake and there are 100's of restaurant's and clubs to see. If you visit www.latenightlondon.co.uk you will find a comprehensive list of clubs, bars and restaurants to fill your evenings with.

Labour and Wait, 85 Redchurch Street, London E2 7DJ 



Alfies Antiques, 13-25 Church Street, Marylebone, NW8 8DT


 Anthropologie 139 Kings Road, London, SW3 4PW


Anthropologie 158 Regent Street, London WIB 5SW


Barnett Lawson Trimmings 16/17 Little Portland Street, London W1W 8NE



Ben Pentreath, 17 Rugby Street, Holborn, London WC1N 3QT


Decoratum, 31-33 Church Street,  North West London NW8 8ES


 Do Shop, 34 Short's Gardens, Central London, WC2H 9PX


Little Paris, 39 Park Road, Crouch End, London N8 8TE


SCP, 135-139 Curtain road, Shoreditch, London EC2A 3BX


If your visiting London this year, have a fabulous time and make sure you go with light suitcases as I guarantee you will not resist buying from some of these wonderful stores.




2 comments:

  1. OMG, I want to go to all of those shops. I was born in Surrey, England and lived there til I was two. My parents are Kiwi, but Dad was transferred for a few years. I've been lucky enough to go back a few times over the years wih my British passport, but not recently. I'll be sure to visit these shops. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a co-incidence Vic, I still have relatives in Surrey, I love it there and used to go to Kingston a lot for great shopping. Shopping in the UK is amazing, I hope you get to visit again and drop in on some of these great stores.

      Lee :)

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.