Monday 25 August 2014

Mediterranean Style - However, you may be very surprised by the location


When I envisage the Mediterranean, I picture deep blue seas, pure white stone buildings and decorative mosaics, just as you might see in Greece or Cyprus. So, when I spotted today's interior, I imagined it was located somewhere in the Mediterranean, but I was certainly fooled.

Of course, you don't have to live in France to have a French style house, so why wouldn't you be able to bring the Mediterranean to any home, anywhere. The surprising thing about this home however, is that it is actually located in Beijing, China, in a 'low' rise apartment building. Unfortunately I don't know the background to the designers and why the owner's chose this theme. Maybe they had vacationed in the Mediterranean and wanted to bring it back to their home as a reminder of those warm balmy days and blue seas. Regardless of their reason, they have created a wonderful Mediterranean feel to their apartment, complete with rustic beams and the gentle curves seen in Greek coastal homes.




I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We have had glorious weather in Auckland and I am about to do a mini makeover on my living room to bring in some summer colour. I will share some images later in the week. Meanwhile I am working hard on my painting which will have updates on my Facebook page tomorrow afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.