Monday 29 September 2014

A Mix of Beautiful Bedrooms - Monochromatic

1.

More often than not, the interior design of our bedrooms can be a little neglected compared to other areas in our homes. However, considering we spend around 26 years of our life sleeping, it is clear to me they should be seen as one of the most important rooms. A bedroom should be a restful safe haven, beautifully decorated in a style that you feel comfortable with. Decorating a bedroom however, can be a little bewildering with the vast choice of colours, bedding and furniture around. 30 years ago you would never have found such creative use of fabrics, wallpaper and furnishing that we see today, so yesterday I set out on a mission to look for some inspiring ideas that might help if you are thinking of re-decorating this part of your home.

Recently I published a post on Creating a Restful Bedroom (part two to come). In this post I discussed architecture, natural light, colour and window treatments and the important aspects of these points when decorating a bedroom. The images I have chosen today respect these points, with the designers creating beautiful spaces for their clients.  I must admit I have chosen neutral monochromatic palettes, I guess this reflects my own taste. I will post some more colourful bedrooms in Wednesday's post. Normally I would make comments about these spaces, however I don't want words to fight with the remaining images, so they are wordless, to simply admire.


2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.
9

10.
11.

If you like a particular style you can visit the designer's profile using the links below:

Images via 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11

I am still in the planning stages of the re-decoration of my own bedroom which is becoming quite a challenge. As a design blogger I see many beautiful and inspiring rooms that it becomes hard to narrow down the style I want for my own room. What I am positive about is that I am replacing the Roman blind in my large window with white, plantation shutters and I have also chosen my wall colour. I am almost there with the rest of the design but still working on creating my design board which I have to speed up as my shutters are already on order.


I am off to start work on my latest chalk paint project, an exciting piece I will be talking about next week. Join me again on Wednesday when I will post some more bedrooms with a little more colour.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.