Wednesday 18 February 2015

Coastal Style With A Touch of Glamour


While my readers in other parts of the world are facing cold and snow, in New Zealand we are experiencing one of the best summers we have had for many years. I am enjoying early morning walks along the beach with Poppy and the long balmy evenings. This warm weather is drawing me further away from the French style I used to love and more towards coastal interiors. I think the gentle colours and overall look of a coastal interior is generally more relaxed and makes one feel as if they are permanently on holiday, like this interior by Digs Design Company.

I have only recently discovered designer Jocelyn Chiappone, her company Digs Design are based in Newport, Rhode Island and more than familiar with designing coastal interiors. Jocelyn has a unique way of combining colour and bold pattern bringing life to a space, yet at the same time keeping it relaxed. In this waters edge home a soft palette of white, blue and green has been used to create a beautifully relaxed look. I love how Jocelyn has used an eclectic mix of furniture throughout to create a contemporary look with a touch of glamour. Energetic yet peaceful and certainly an escape from the busy world.


This interior is unique and successful because the designer has used an eclectic mix of furnishing and textures . The juxtaposed shiny and matte finishes and the introduction of luxurious silver tones, certainly add a touch of glamour don't you think?


Lee oxo



2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, but I think I prefer coastal style which is a little bit more rustic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, yes definitely not rustic coastal but beautifully serene. I haven't blogged about rustic, coastal interiors for a while so I will try to find something interesting.

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.