Wednesday 26 August 2015

Interior Spaces I Love - Week 1


I spend hours looking at beautiful interiors, I peruse places like Houzz or Pinterest or bring stacks of magazines and books home from the library. I am not always drawn to a particular style, sometimes it's a lovely vignette, artwork or simply a cushion that catches my eye. It could be a texture, colour or pattern, a piece of furniture, or maybe it is an entire space. I have decided therefore, to create a weekly post discussing some of these inspiring images with my readers, so read on to find out what I love about this week's gorgeous selection of interiors...

The image above first caught my eye with its chunky lotus grass chairs, love that texture. The naive wooden bowl also looks amazing filled with succulents, what a great idea for a low level display on a table or kitchen island. And, of course those stunning chandeliers, if anyone knows where I could buy one in NZ, I would love for you to leave a comment. This is one of those images I love in its entirety.

Above: 'Traditional minimalist', is how I would describe this kitchen. The black lantern is the perfect centrepiece. Juxtaposed against the white marble bench the simple stools look fabulous. If there was one thing I might change about this kitchen, I might swap the white bowl for a dark bronze or black one, however, overall I love the simplicity of this space.
Above: I am not quite sure what drew me to this image, I think the circular mirror and the simple vignette atop the cabinet, which is so beautifully balanced.
Above: In this space it was the lamp stand that caught my eye, classic/modern, not the common barley twist stand but a simple bobbin design that looks so wonderfully tactile.

 Above: Most definitely it is the contemporary leopard print headboard that captured me in this image. This bedroom has a look of high end lux, yet the elements are simple. Making your own headboard is not difficult, I have a tutorial on my blog for a linen headboard I made for my guest bedroom.

Above: First it was the set of pictures hanging above the bed that caught my eye, moody tones which can work wonderfully in a bedroom space. Then I saw the headboard which extends way beyond the bed and thought wow!

Above: What a beautifully balanced space. I adore the chair and the dark cabinet. Classic country I would say.

Above: This small dining nook is just gorgeous, I love the delicate iron legs on the bench seat juxtaposed against the heavy legs of the table and Georgian chairs. 

I would love to know which is your favourite image and why?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lee, yes i too loved that first pic, Love the chairs and the lighting - if u find out where it's from do let me know too!! but i think too the open shelving and white dishes is so me too
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to let you know if I can track down a similar light with a UK/NZ wiring, similar ones I have found are wired for USA power sources.

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.