1. Above: A display of blue and white china look stunning on this ornate console
I have always been captured by rooms with traditional blue and white ginger jars or soft furnishings with a spattering of blue and white stripes or floral, there is something about this colour combination that has a freshness about it and it is a colour that works as well by the sea as it does in a central city apartment. So, today I wanted to share 8 spaces featuring blue and white, each showing its unique style.
2. Above: Somehow white coral seems to go hand in hand with blue and white ginger jars and adds a touch of elegance to a vignette
3. A simple way of making a statement headboard by stencilling a design in white onto a blue painted wall. The gorgeous bedding is called Ming Pagoda and is available from Horchow
4. Above: If you don't want to go overboard, simple touches such as a fine striped blue and white chair cover and a statement ginger jar may be all you need for a relaxed, coastal look
6. Above: I love the simplicity of this space, blue and white have been used subtly and give this space a very original look- Design by Kay Douglass
7. Above: Make a statement with bold blue and white wallpaper and use the same strength of blue to upholster a chair
8. Above: Why not be bold and paint a piece of furniture, either a coffee table or the legs of a chair in a gorgeous blue, blue/greys can look fabulous
If you want to see the rest of the gorgeous home from image 1, you can visit here.
My son's wedding is over, it all seemed to happen in a flash, so this weekend will be a time to rest and recover from the most wonderful week spent with family and friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and you enjoy these spaces and I will see you next week with some exciting news.