Thursday 8 September 2016

Spaces I Love - From Blackband Design

Newport Harbor

One of my favourite US Designers is Blackband Design and this weeks 'Spaces I love' comes from one of their Newport Harbour Projects.

What is it about these spaces I love so much?

Newport Harbor
Above: Panelling can add charm and character to a space. If you don't have much architectural detail in your home, panelling (wainscot) will add detail and take it from boring to interesting. My beach house is panelled in the hallway and I intend to do this in my little cottage. I love stud detailing on chairs, it's so classy.
Newport Harbor
Above: It is all about clean surfaces and minimal styling, don't clutter, take note from the simple flowers and white bowl of crisp, green apples that enhance this gorgeous grey veined, marble island.
Newport Harbor
Above: Bookshelves need not be for books which can often make them appear untidy, instead opt to display a few photographs and some decorative pieces. If you want to display books, keep them to a minimum and stack them horizontally, topping them off with a decorative piece.
Newport Harbor
Above: Look for interesting furniture, this cane chair has curves to die for and is a striking piece in this living room.
Newport Harbor
Above: Textured wallpaper has made a return, gone is beige and browns, today it's about colour and interesting textures.
Newport Harbor
Above: In an all white space, add some texture with natural raw or stained wood

When I look at spaces like these it makes me realise how much I need to un-clutter my home. I have found it hard to get motivated lately and I put this down to the clutter hidden in my cupboards and creeping into my office, I may be good at hiding it, but I know it is looming behind closed doors. 

I believe that a clear mind comes from a clear home, so I have decided to start by writing a list of the spaces I need to clear and tick them off each week. Either it is going to be a big garage sale or I give a lot to charity but whatever I decide I definitely need to purge big time.

If you would like to see more images of this home, please hop over to Blackband Design





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.