Tuesday 26 November 2013

A Gracious Auckland Villa In St Marys Bay - Part Two

If you missed my previous post featuring Mary Gordon's St Mary's Bay home, you might want to pop over and read all about her beautiful home, the story behind it and see more images before you continue this post. There were so many lovely images of Mary's home, I decided to write the post in two parts, this being part two.

Upstairs, in her St Mary's Bay Villa, Mary has created a luxurious master bedroom and en-suite. Porters 'French Grey' paint on the walls sets a relaxing mood. Mary had the large, beautifully carved, 20th Century French bed, sent back from France. This beautiful bed is definitely a statement piece, I love the luxurious, French Grey, silk eiderdown across the foot of the bed. It is the way Mary has introduced sumptuous fabrics in this bedroom that make it look so wonderful. 

I love how Mary has used large lamps either side the bed and I think the pewter works wonderfully with surrounding colours. The natural wood of the bedside tables is in contrast, however compliments the sisal flooring. The fur rug adds a touch of opulence. Of course every bedroom should have a corner chair and the winged back chair in Mary's room has been upholstered in Ralph Lauren's Zebra print. To complete the room, Mary hung a lovely French chandelier.  I would have to admit overall this room is my favourite and I could easily see myself lazing in bed on a Sunday morning, looking towards the glistening harbour in the distance.



Note:  Unfortunately the bed is a little distorted in this image due to the camera.




Master ensuite



Night time views across the harbour

More Images of Mary's stunning home...
A beautiful guest bedroom

The guest bedroom has French doors leading to it's small private portico and onto the garden

Views across the harbour

Another living area, neutral tones brought to life by a mix of textures and pattern.

Mary's previous background has been high end interior design and it is clearly evident in the stunning renovation of her home. Today Mary is happy to spend time renovating and decorating for herself. Her style is clearly recognisable, an eclectic mix of antique, French, Italian and SE Asian pieces that have me in awe! As I soak up the images she has shared, I would describe Mary's home as classic with beautiful moments of opulence. Overall her home is rich, warm and inviting  and I can imagine it would be hard for anyone to ever want to leave.

I hope you've enjoyed the tours of Mary's home, thank you very much Mary for allowing me to share your beautiful home with my readers. 

At the time I am publishing this post I should hopefully be relaxing in Sunny Brisbane. I planned to take a holiday to stay with good friends after my mother passed away last year and now is the time to do it. I will be away until the 13th of October so probably there will be no more posts until this time, although I have to admit I will have my laptop with me to check my mail from time to time.


I will be back on the 14th October, if you don't want to miss out on future posts, you can sign up for email on my side bar.

If you love Mary's style you may also like the tour I featured recently of  interior designer Andrew Melville's home. If you didn't read my earlier post on Mary's house, there is a link above.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Lee, What a gorgeous home!! The bedroom is my favorite and the bed is a WOW. Thanks for sharing this beautiful home at the Open House party and I hope you are having a wonderful trip.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.