Monday 28 April 2014

Weekly Inspiration - Easy Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes, a Touch of Blue, and a Little DIY

 
 Nutella Crunch Ice cream Pie from one of my favourite food blogs Bakers Royal...Recipe here.

It is a misconception that ice cream has to be made in an ice cream maker, and often the reason people don't attempt to make it, however it is quite a simple task, and once you have made your own, you will never want to eat store bought again. If your a chocoholic you will love these ice cream discoveries and also Bakers Royal's ice cream pies. If you love interiors you might also like my picks for the week and a few great DIY homeware discoveries...

Above: Ice cream Cafe Latte from Moje Wypieki...Recipe here (Note: there is a translator on the page to convert to English)

Above: Vegan Brownie, Chocolate Ice Cream (Gluten Free) from Dana at Minimalist Baker, a newly discovered food blog... Recipe here.


A few DIY homeware ideas...

Above: Indigo tea tie died tea towels from Francois et Moi....Instructions here


Above: Spotted at Woonideeen - Give a desk lamp a new lease of life with spray paint....Instructions here


Above: DIY rope vases from Jacquelyn Clark at  Style Me Pretty, I featured some of her rope ideas in a previous Inspiration post.

I wrote a post recently, entitled  "Deep, Dark Indigo", inspired by a painting I spotted and interiors that were making use of this colour. Indigo is fast becoming the 'in' colour for homeware and interiors for 2014 and Pantone forecast that the colour 'blue' will go well into 2015. On a quest for blue, I found more inspiration...

1.The blue painted background in this cupboard makes the white china 'pop'  - a great look in a country kitchen

2. A ragged, 'ombre' effect to this painted wall - You can achieve this effect with sponges

3. A blue and white mix of patterns and solids that give this bedroom a fresh, contemporary look

4. Proving that shades of blue can work beautifully in a traditional interior...


5. Another traditional interior with a softer shade of blue,  by designer Ashley Whittaker


5. I am not a fan of those 80's blue kitchens, however, this soft, antiqued blue, works wonderfully in this country style kitchen.

A little blue features in my living room...

6. Image Lee Caroline

7. Image Lee Caroline

Image sources 1|2|3|4|5


For blog etiquette, please pin images from the 'original' sources ☺

4 comments:

  1. lovely inspirations. I will checkout that nutella pie for my sweet Mum who is visiting us now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine, let me know if you make the nutella crunch icecream pie. I haven't had a chance to make it yet.

      Lee :)

      Delete
  2. Those images of chocolate are killing me! Yummy! The blue and white is pretty too. I particularly like the kitchen cabinets with the blue and white dishes... really nice.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy you must have been having a catch up today :).Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate the time you have taken to catch up with posts. I know you have a job and your art, I don't know how you fit everything in!

      Lee

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.