Friday 24 October 2014

A Touch of New England in County Kerry, Ireland


I love New England style homes, I am so passionate about the New England look, I am currently trying to incorporate this style into my small cottage. While looking for some inspiration, I stumbled across this New England style interior. What first struck me was the unusual, large glass pendant lights in the dining area, by the time I had explored a little more, I was totally smitten.


This home is located in Country Kerry, Ireland and with the owner living in New York, the entire design process was co-ordinated via the Internet. Dublin based interior designers and decorators, Wall Morris design undertook the project. Wall Morris describe their interior as "clean lined character, classic in style, with hints of New England". Many newly built homes these days lack the finer features of homes of a bygone era, however the detail incorporated into the interior of this home is far from lacking. Soaring ceilings, wood panelling and interesting architectural details such as circular windows. The beautiful workmanship in the traditional style fitted kitchen and other built in cabinetry is simply stunning. Another stand out feature is there are very few plain walls, most have some form of architectural detail which has made me think of the impact adding some panelling would have on my rather boring hallway.

Photography Derek Robinson


There are many beautiful features in this home, however the architectural details have a big impact. The designers have worked with these features keeping the interior design simple and traditional in style, with the addition of a few contemporary pieces such as those stunning mosaic, glass ball pendants in the dining area and in contrast the contemporary T shaped picture lights in the hallway.

For more information and further images, please visit Wall Morris design on Houzz.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.