Friday 23 October 2015

Spaces to Love - Week 8, Curb Appeal

Above: A pergola can make a huge impact on an entrance way - Landscape Designers AHBL Above - Designers AHBL

I'm sorry I have been absent this week, the next few weeks I am under a little pressure with one of my sons getting married as I have been asked to act as the florist and decorator. I also have another exciting piece of news, I have just purchased a new house, in fact, it is so new it was literally a concrete pad when I first viewed it a couple of weeks ago. Now the framing is up and the roof is due on shortly I have had to make a few quick decisions about colours. While searching for ideas I came across some pretty homes with plenty of curb appeal, in fact, one belongs to Gwyneth Paltrow.

My house won't have a grand look, it is a single level home but there is a lot you can do to add street appeal as you can see from the following images...

Above: I do like the slate colour tiles on this roof -  Highland Homes Inc
Above: These pots add some layering to this large courtyard area - JLF & Associates
Above: What's not to love about Gwyneth Paltrow's Los Angeles Home. I am looking for a colour for my house similar to this but it is very hard to tell what shade of grey it is
Above: I am leaning towards a white garage door, I can't decide between light or dark sidings but the white really pops against the darker house colour -  Design Graciela Rutkowski Interiors
Above - Loving these coach lights although I think they have over done them a bit with two on the pillars as well as beside the entrance way - Design Barnes Vanze Architects Inc
Above: An inviting porch - Plantation Building Corp
Above: Love...love, love everything about this entrance way - Design Patterson Custom Homes

I hope everyone has a great weekend, wherever you are in the world. Next week I will fill you in with the finer details of my new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.