Wednesday 8 June 2016

Mixing it Up - Interiors, DIY Faux Coral and Lemon Lavender Cupcakes


I used to feature weekly inspiration with recipes, diy and inspiring interiors, but somehow this post seemed to have been put on the back burner so I am bringing it back, yet again, and mixing it up with plenty of inspiration to fill your weekend.


I have always loved the beauty of coral but don't believe in encouraging people to raid our delicate reefs for the sake of decorating our homes, coral is far more beautiful in its natural surroundings and that is exactly where it should remain. However, that said, it can really enhance a room so Faux coral is a great option but is usually very expensive to purchase. So, Heather from "Setting for Four", has come up with a 10 minute makeover (why didn't I think of it), using plastic aquarium coral that when it is finished, looks as good as the faux coral from Pottery Barn. 

Above: Faux Coral tutorial by Setting for Four
Amazon have a variety of coral suitable for this project....see here.
Above: Indigo dyed napkins from Miss Mustard Seed - Tutorial here.
Above: For those of you that don't have allergies these rustic little Lemon, Lavender cupcakes from Lark and Linen look divine.... Recipe here.
Above: If you are gluten free (like myself), then these Vegan Chocolate Lavender cupcakes by  Wallflower Kitchen are very similar and with a Gluten free option.  Recipe.....here.

I thought I would finish this post off with a few inspiring Pinterest images that caught my eye this week...

All the interior images above and many more can be found on my Hamptons Style Pinterest Board.

Hope your week is going well,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.