Friday 22 June 2018

Farmhouse Style in South Carolina


When I hear the word farmhouse, it conjures up images of a rambling stone building with mullioned windows, muddy boots in the hallway and a bridle alongside the dog lead. However, this couldn't be further from the truth in this light filled, Carolina, Farmhouse.

A farmhouse is much about it's location but farmhouse style is something that can be adopted in the city, country or mountains. A style that depicts relaxed, easy living but it doesn't mean it can't be stylish or even have a touch of the Hamptons. 

This beautiful farmhouse by architects and interior designers, Wright Design is the perfect example of a modern day farmhouse and one I am just a wee bit envious of. It was hard for me to choose one of Wright's designs as every project was so beautiful inside and out. I decided, however, to share this project as I can identify with its style, and the architecture and materials fill it with charm and personality. The beamed ceilings and ship lap walls could have you believing the building has been here for a 100 years when in fact it is a new build. The interior design has a country, farmhouse feel but it is not too rustic. The interior furnishing and decor is beautifully balanced with a traditional feel.



It is a bitterly cold winters day in Auckland and I can see me spending a lot of time in my little studio over the weekend finishing off my latest, large floral oil painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.