Friday 21 March 2014

Chair Obsession - Launching the latest in designer chairs on-line


If you have been following my blog you will have realised I am obsessed with interior design. I am also a self confessed perfectionist, so meticulous that when choosing a paint colour, the paint chip is fully analysed right down to its tint. Understanding the effect of changing light, swatches are carefully painted around my room so they can be viewed throughout the day. My local paint shop knows me by name and when I insist their Quarter Iron (grey hue) is throwing lavender, they simply roll their eyes. When does passion turn to obsession you might ask? Personally, I think passion turns to obsession when you become so immersed in what you love, you need to find another way of expressing yourself. For me, it was about creating Lee Caroline, a place where I could share my love of interiors and homeware inspiration. For interior designer Julienne Snyders, it was turning her passion for beautiful textiles and chairs into a creative business.


After 30 years working in the interior design field, Julienne's obsession with fabrics and form have evolved into her newly launched, 'on-line' store, aptly named, Chair Obsession. Julienne's eye for detail is evident in her choice of stunning fabrics and the beautiful shape of her chairs. With an affinity for armchairs and a penchant for pouffes, her designs range from simple, sleek forms, to the more ornate, where shape and pattern merge into eye catching designs. Mulberry, Designers Guild, Baker and Jane Churchill are just a few of the well respected and quality fabrics Julienne uses on her chairs. Julienne's designs are not only about fabric they are also about comfort and her chairs have been carefully chosen to conform to her high standards. Julienne's designs vary in style from re-designed classics to contemporary chic. One of her stunning chairs could be that final piece that sets your interior apart from others. 

 'Bordeau' chair with its traditional French shape, has a subtle washed wood, which has been combined with a vibrant self-piped fabric to create a stunning look. Personally my favourite!

 'Bach', a retro style beech wood chair with textured stripes

 I love how Julienne has combined a traditional floral fabric with a crisp, smart stripe in this 'New York' chair. There are two New York chairs available, the other chair has a deep blue, velvet back and the two would work wonderfully as a pair

 'Nicole', glamour in the form of black velvet and lacquer with a beautiful diamante insert in the front and back of this glamorous chair

The stylish 'London Chair' is self-piped in black and cream

 The 'Lola' sofa certainly makes a statement. Beautifully upholstered in tactile, rich fuchsia velvet. Detail such as the softly curved, scrolled arms and individual nails around its front legs give the Lola its unique look


Juliennes wide experience as an interior designer has clearly helped develop this beautiful range of chairs and sofas. There are 21 designs and some one-of-a-kind pieces in her on-line store, so I encourage you to visit www.chairobsession to read more about Julienne and view her complete range . Chair obsession is also on Facebook so please hop over and visit too.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I will be out and about in Auckland looking for a suitable desk for my office, something with a little French flair as I have abandoned my Hamptons look... all will be revealed soon.



Lee oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.